Reggie Hayes, sports columnist for The News-Sentinel of Fort Wayne, Ind.,
gives his unique spin on The Indianapolis Colts.

Saturday, February 3

Bears fans not hibernating at South Beach

I had the chance to stroll down to South Beach in the sun this afternoon with N-S photographer Chad Ryan. As his photos show in his Super Bowl blog, there are some sights you don't see every day in Fort Wayne. We made sure to attend the sporting event, Volleypalooza. I'm sure you've heard of it.

This is highly unscientific, but Bears fans seem to greatly outnumber Colts fans, judging from the jerseys around the beach. Maybe the Colts fans are at some other locales, however. I'm expecting the Super Bowl crowd to lean toward the Bears, but probably not to the degree that the Steelers fans swarmed Detroit last season. It was like a Pittsburgh home game that day.

The Colts were scheduled to move from their week-long hotel in Fort Lauderdale to an undisclosed location tonight, the better to focus in on the game. It's a tactic common to Super Bowl teams.

The hype here has been everything you would expect, and if I had an extra $2,000, I'd check out Jennifer Lopez's party tonight. It can still be wired to me if anyone's interested. I'm at the downtown Radisson. I'll check the front desk periodically, just in case.

By the way, I' m ready for kickoff already...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home