Reggie Hayes, sports columnist for The News-Sentinel of Fort Wayne, Ind.,
gives his unique spin on The Indianapolis Colts.

Tuesday, January 30

Reagor hopes to play again

Late Monday night, when I was leaving the Colts' hotel in Fort Lauderdale, I ran into Montae Reagor. He greeted me like a long lost friend. I returned the gesture. He's always been one of friendliest, most approachable players.

"Have you guys missed me?" he said. "We miss all your great quotes," I told him. "I know you did," he said, laughing. "I've been around. You just haven't seen me."
After chatting briefly, Reagor said he hoped to be able to talk soon about the automobile accident that ended his season. The time came today, when he appeared at Media Day at Dolphin Stadium.

While his left eye remains slightly swollen, Reagor (pictured with Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison) was in good spirits in sharing his story with a number of reporters. I'll have a full story in Wednesday's edition of the paper. Reagor said he hoped to be able to return to the NFL next season, but that's far from a done deal.

"As long as my health is there and my mind is right and my heart is in it, I'll be back."
I hope he makes it back. But one of the best parts of this trip to Miami so far was to see Montae in good spirits again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hayes said...

Reagor is on the reserved, non-football injury list. A lot of travel expenses are coming out of Irsay's pocket. He made it a point to bring almost every Colts employee to Miami as a reward for their work, and not just players such as Reagor, Mike Doss, Brandon Stokley and James Mungro. He also brought office-staff people on the trip. It was a very nice gesture on his part.

11:40 AM, February 02, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home