Reggie Hayes, sports columnist for The News-Sentinel of Fort Wayne, Ind.,
gives his unique spin on The Indianapolis Colts.

Thursday, September 28

Freeney ready for J-E-T-S!

Defensive end Dwight Freeney was a rookie when the Colts were waxed by the New York Jets 41-0 in the first round of the playoffs in 2002. He doesn't necessarily have nightmares about it, but he remembers the day well.

"That was the worst game I recall ever playing in the NFL. From the first snap to the end, I just heard the crowd -- 'J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets Jets!' I still hear it, every time I go there. Even if we play the Giants, I still hear it."
Freeney will keep that in the back of his mind as the Colts try to beat the Jets in the New Jersey Meadowlands on Sunday. While he's off to a slow start statistically (no sacks), he says his only concern is wins. To hear more from Freeney, check out my column in today's News-Sentinel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home